- 1 package of tortillas (this one had 11 in it. Weird.)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped chilantro
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of corn, drained
How to make it...
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix the black beans, cilantro, tomatoes, and corn, and mix it all up.
I took this before I added the corn. Just to keep you on your toes...
- The dump the salsa into the pinto beans, and mix that all up.
- Now, in a round baking dish, you want to layer it, tortilla, black bean mix, cheese, tortilla, pinto beans, cheese, repeat. Got it?
It should look like this when you're done.
- Then bake it for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and melty, and gooey and good. I mean, if you're going to do a vegan cheat by eating cheese, don't burn it for goodness sakes.
My attempt at fancy food photography...
Planty kids 1 and 3 loved this. Planty kid 2, the one who won't eat anything other than PB&J, and really, really, hates beans, well, she didn't want anything to do with it. But that's pretty standard. Planty Dad was in a very happy place after dinner, so much that he didn't even complain when I served him vegan brownies for desert.